MY CRUZE CLUB
Welcome to My Cruze Club Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MY CRUZE CLUB
Welcome to My Cruze Club Forum
MY CRUZE CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cut off speed for new car?

5 posters

Go down

Cut off speed for new car? Empty Cut off speed for new car?

Post by kamal saferin Sun May 27, 2012 3:10 am

Hello guys,

Just got my Cruze LT (SE 2012) last Tuesday.
I have a fantastic deal with Naza which my unit comes with GPS device + installation.
Question: Is it true to get this GPS device need a 'password' from US? FYI the GPS device are from 2011 Cruze version.

I do my 'testing' on KESAS around 5.45-6.15AM, but the car only could make it until 140/km & i can feel the car are not responsive enough, talked to the salesman & saying that my unit having this "cut-off' speed which they will reset upon my 1000km mileage for the 1st service.
Question: Do you guys having this "cut-off" speed thing happens?

Question: Car are not quite responsive, anything you guys could advise this new beginner?

Thanks.

kamal saferin
Starter Cruzer
Starter Cruzer

Back to top Go down

Cut off speed for new car? Empty Re: Cut off speed for new car?

Post by chevycruze Thu May 31, 2012 7:07 pm

kamal saferin wrote:Hello guys,

Just got my Cruze LT (SE 2012) last Tuesday.
I have a fantastic deal with Naza which my unit comes with GPS device + installation.
Question: Is it true to get this GPS device need a 'password' from US? FYI the GPS device are from 2011 Cruze version.

I do my 'testing' on KESAS around 5.45-6.15AM, but the car only could make it until 140/km & i can feel the car are not responsive enough, talked to the salesman & saying that my unit having this "cut-off' speed which they will reset upon my 1000km mileage for the 1st service.
Question: Do you guys having this "cut-off" speed thing happens?

Question: Car are not quite responsive, anything you guys could advise this new beginner?

Thanks.

Hi Kamal, welcome to the club. Sorry for the late response. I have never heard of a "cut-off" or a speed limiter. For your info, the first service is at 10000km not 1000km and every 10000km subsequently. I do know that Cruze from 2011 model onwards have a slightly higher tuning than older models but not this "cut-off". Do keep us in touch with this development.

As for the GPS unit, I do not think it's a "USA" model & require password from there. Password or pass code is only required when the service centre needs to rectify certain things within the ECU.

chevycruze

Back to top Go down

Post by wahi46@hotmail.com Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:34 pm

my salesman also says the same...have cut off...but i try mine can go to 180km/h...the car feels stable...but need bigger wheel for more stable feel...
wahi46@hotmail.com
wahi46@hotmail.com
Starter Cruzer
Starter Cruzer

Back to top Go down

Post by kamal saferin Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:59 am

I had tried doing the max at KESAS 6.30AM but it seems that the engine stutter at 140. The question is this 'cut off' thing really exist or it just a hoax to discreet the most famous TCM problem. I really wish that everything would turn out well, im not very strong on my patience & seeing where im working at, they better have some solid explanation.

I welcome anybody facing the same probs im having.
Thanks guys.

kamal saferin
Starter Cruzer
Starter Cruzer

Back to top Go down

Post by chearm Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:02 am

its a hoax. Cruze does not have speed delimiter (cut off) so the salesman does not do his homework.

The car seems to rely on 5th gear for higher speed (6th gear is only for people who tend to pursue fuel-saving kind of drive) so I suggest that you do a 2nd test, this time to stay at gear 5 (use shiftronic) and see if the same engine stutter issue persists
chearm
chearm
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jackyap Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Hi guys, i'm a new join member, but owned cruze for more than a year.....there's no such thing speed cut off thing for Cruze...i've tried to push the car to the limit.....210km/h.....

jackyap
Starter Cruzer
Starter Cruzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum